Wednesday, November 24, 2004

No Tofurky for me, thanks

Mmm Thanksgiving. Being a vegetarian at Thanksgiving is swell, actually. No need to eat the boring old turkey, and you can take as much stuffing as you want without getting odd looks. Even as a kid, I viewed the holiday meat as obligatory. I do admit that I miss the gravy, though. Maybe I'll whip up a packet of veggie gravy and bring it along. This year I am trying to contribute meaningfully to the meal, so I'm tackling the rolls. This side of the family always buys them so I'm going for the from-scratch route. My test runs this weekend went OK, one failed, resulting in rolls my friend mistook for cookies, the other was a success, so that's the one I'm duplicating tonight. Wish me luck.

So it should be a nice weekend: movie and dinner with the in-laws tonight, family fun at my parent's tomorrow, shopping and pedicures on Friday, soap making with a friend, (she has a soap-making business) on Saturday, and many lovely parties Saturday night. Hurrah!

Favorite holiday pleasures: seasonal beverages at Starbucks and Caribou (gingerbread, peppermint cocoa) and their cute little holiday cups, Christmas carols (top three are Carol of the Bells, Sleigh Ride, and O Holy Night), all the sneaky shopping talking-in-code business, mulled cider and gingerbread scented candles, and of course, Christmas cookies (love the peanut brittle). Oooooh... now I'm all excited! I can't wait!

No comments: