Tuesday, March 07, 2006

The pen is mightier

Potpourri, in honor of Alex Trebek.

BOOKS I ENJOYED BUT WERE TOO DAMN LONG TO READ ALL OF
1491 (life in the Americas before Columbus! Pre-vacation to get in the Caribbean isle mood)
Slaves in the Family (the meeting up with descendents of his family's former slaves was intriguing, but somehow... offensive).

WHERE TO GO WHEN YOU'RE BORED AT WORK
The best blog nominees of 2006. It is here where I learned of the brilliant Waiter Rant and the irresistible Cute Overload (who can resist Cats'n'Racks?).

FISH UPDATE
I was reading Case Histories and the four sisters had tuna salad for lunch and I thought, mmm, tuna. So I had Husband pick some up when he went out. Then he made me a gigantic tuna melt and I ate some. Then I wanted to puke.*
It's going to have to be a few more years until I can try again.

UNDERNEATH THE SOCKS
I have the most horrendous shade of purple on my toenails. After the lovely orchid color I chose at the salon turned into puke pink once applied, I panicked and chose the color preferred by Vikings fans everywhere. Oy.

HEALTH UPDATE
My new meds cause erectile dysfunction. You can't beat that.

*Although this sounds like some scenario that would happen to a couple that is expecting, no worries. The only thing we're expecting is four more years of tofu salad sandwiches.

No comments: