Thursday, October 25, 2007

October

Whew! There has been some sad-assed posting going on in October. Judging from this blog alone you would think I 1. anticipated a marathon 2. ran and crashed and brooded over a marathon and 3. maybe read too many books. But that is not accurate! There is so much more! I have been:

1. Spending time with Husband curled up under blankets watching Ugly Betty.
2. Camping, paddling, running, and eating amazing pancakes topped with whipped cream, maple syrup, and berries with friends alongside the Red Cedar River.
3. Crafting, trivia gaming, and ginger cardamom pear butter-making with a friend at the cabin.
4. Seeing old friends, doing yoga, and playing racquetball.
5. Shimmying in my kitchen to music as I make big batches of comforting fall foods

And not so novel or exciting:
5. Working like a madwoman
6. Running (I'm still in training, yo)

In honor of my October, I give you the following links:
Amazing butternut squash macaroni and cheese
Good and simple and comforting French-style yogurt cake
A trivia game that works with two players and that justifies your liberal arts degree
She needs no links, but my shimmying companion has lately been Amy Winehouse
and of course the ginger cardamom pear butter recipe (canning not required!)

No comments: