Thursday, August 26, 2004

D.C., the promise of fall, and family reunion

D.C. Did you know they have "taxation without representation" on their license plates? A and I couldn't decide if they were meant to be funny or a bit snide. The highlights were the National Building Museum, where we learned amazing things about concrete, the Holocaust Museum, because I've always been interested in that stuff, and Union Station's yummy sushi. Things that I would not have missed are the humidity (I'm afraid I was a bit whiny) and the fact that D.C. was surprisingly rundown, in my opinion. It was great to see J and his friends, who are truly great, especially C and D who let us stay with them in their nice apartment.

I must note that I was especially lame in D.C. I slept a lot, especially during times when others were socializing. I feel quite bad.

Even though it's August it feel like September here, as it has almost all month. I actually picked up some red and yellow fallen leaves toda. The upside is that I LOVE September, that's right, LOVE. It's my favorite month. It makes me feel all newly-sharpened-pencil, I-have-a-new-Trapper-Keeper-anything-is-possible, get-a-new-day-planner-cause-I'm-planning-out-my-life.

Big brother JJ and his girlfriend KK are in town... so great to see them. I'm not very good at phone calls and he is not very good at email so we don't talk much in the interim. We're having a family fun blowout weekend at the cabin this weekend, so I'm resting up. Well, I guess if going out with husband and his co-worker E is resting up, then I'm doing that.


Family reunion at the cabin... it looks like 95, actually was more like 65. My brother and his girlfriend tried to get in the water but immediately got out after diving in because it was so cool they were shaking.

No comments: