Friday, September 10, 2004

Seasonal self improvement, Round 2

Goals for summer (in review):
1. Complete one good home improvement project (retaining wall, here I come) Well, we decided to wait on that until we had more money. Projects accomplished include: purchased, ironed, and hung new curtains, purchased and hung floating shelves in bedroom, tore out wild growth and installed garden, planted flowers and kept a generally well tended yard. That's a pretty sad list. I hope fall is better.
2. Learn new skills (possibilities include refinishing furniture, baking bread, and developing a stupid human trick, which I lack) Hmm. Didn't do any of those. I did make progress on the furniture research...
3. Wear sunscreen (so long tans of yesteryear, I'll miss you). I did really well on this one. Yea me!
4. Have spontaneous adventures (detailing what they are would ruin the "spontaneous" part). I also did some good work on this one. Check check.

5. Explore the nighttime (Olympic-worthy sleeping skills preclude 3 p.m. moon bathing sessions). Hmm... I had a few failures but I also looked at the stars more than I have in a long time. I general I think I did quite well.

Goals for fall:

1. After seeing the pitiful list of home improvement projects that we completed summer, I have to put this on my list again.

2. Do some freelance writing work.

3. Lose 10 lbs (all right, I'm putting it out there. A public declaration. Let's see if shame can motivate me.)

4. Do something each week that I have never done before.

5. Learn new fun homekeeping skill (of the making jam, baking bread variety).


No comments: