Thursday, December 23, 2004

Selfish and blue

Well, Christmas spirit has got to me... namely reminding me that I haven't done anything really nice for anyone in awhile. No treats at the office, no quarters in someone's expired meter, no Sunday evenings at the shelter serving dinner. I haven't been a Scrooge necessary, but I haven't sought out any opportunities either. I see a New Year's resolution developing. I do, actually, (well, not that anyone who knows me is surprised) keep a yearly list of eight to ten resolutions that I check up on throughout the year. The day of reckoning is coming soon. It's much more fun to create next year's resolutions than it is to face last year's.

Snow report: About an inch, although I think it was enough to raise people's spirits.

I had an attack of the holiday blues this morning. I was driving to work at 6:58 (don't ask) and rockin' to my Mini mix, and suddenly had a thought of my grandpa who passed away a few years ago and was abruptly weeping. Those car rides are dangerous.

No comments: