Tuesday, September 27, 2005

My cat threw up on my houseguest

Actually, he threw up on my houseguest’s bedding...but maybe that’s worse.

I thought I spelled something pukey last night with my uber-sensitive-woman’s-nose, but a quick search revealed nothing.

When I came downstairs this morning I saw the guest room’s bedclothes piled up in the hall. Please don’t be pee. Please don’t be pee, I pleaded as I searched frantically for the wet spot. (The cats haven’t recreationally peed yet, but cats’ previous behavior is never a reliable predictor of their future behavior.) Nope, it was a nice slime of puke on the fitted sheet. The morning got even better when I went to turn on the washer and nothing happened. Spin dial, select load level, pull. Nothing. I tried the dryer. Nothing too! I flipped the circuit breaker and we were washing with gas.

What a nightmare. The cats have only puked one other time... but they seem to have a knack for selecting terrible locations.

No comments: