Sunday, October 02, 2005

My Husband, the marathoner

Husband ran a marathon today. It was amazing. I am so in awe of him.
I kept being overcome with emotion seeing all the people struggling mentally and physically and wanting it so bad, and all the people rallying to support them... I had to finally stop looking people in their faces to focus on finding Husband, because I almost missed him the first time.
The whole day was like the anti-State Fair - a great community get-together, but instead of eating all day you run or run around cheering for people who are running. I saw tons of people I knew, including an old college podmate, a guy I went to high school with, and the boy I used to kiss in preschool (who now bears a striking resemblance to Teen Wolf).
We spent the rest of the afternoon and evening lazing around and eating. It's 8:24 now and Husband is in bed! I keep wanting to check his pulse or make sure he's breathing. I think I read too many articles about hyponatremia.

No comments: