Monday, March 05, 2007

Vacation Diaries: Intro

So for the past month I've been scheming about what to do with my surplus of vacation days that will be no longer if I don't use them by July. This seems like an opportunity that I should use wisely, as surely wasting days = bad karma = my next job having only 10 days vacation.
If the challenge of finding things that cost little money and that often don't involve [vacation-limited] Husband wasn't enough, I've added the following goal for each day used:

1. Go somewhere I haven't been OR
2. Do something I haven't done

I'm proud to report that my first day (Friday) and the accompanying weekend were successful.

Stay tuned for Vacation Diaries, Day 1: Madison weekend.

TEASER:
Which "never-done" Wisconsin-pride alcohol-related challenge did Tacohead accept?
1. The boot of beer - the realization that none of us had never "done the boot"
2. Ice cream drinks - a small town supper club tradition, the dairy state at its best
3. The two-Schlitz lunch - proudly offered by one downtown establishment... could we resist???

No comments: