Thursday, August 16, 2007

Sleeping Giant

Husband and I are easily amused. Our friends are on a trip to India for a duration best measured in months, and we spend 3 days in Canada and are tickled. We crossed the border* and spontaneously broke into "Oh Canada!" then stopped at the tourist station to ogle Canadian junk food ("All dressed" Lays! How cute!).

We are also easily amused by the novelty of camping with such luxuries as camp chairs, portable DVD players (for in-tent movie viewing), and drink makings.

















We spent a lot of time sitting, reading, and sipping, admiring our view and appreciating our site, which was something that you'd hike four hours to get to instead of walking two minutes from the car.

















We also hustled up the infamous Sleeping Giant (we technically mounted his head, and crossed over to his knees). Then we scurried down, trail ran out of there, stopped for a shower, and indulged in more relaxing.

















I'd last climbed the Giant ten years ago, so it was a bit of a trip down memory lane, or spotty-memory lane, as it was. But it was a lovely way to celebrate our five-year anniversary. Five whole years! My goodness. Here's to many many more years!

*I realized that this was my second lame passport use, further proving the weakness of my "before I'm 30" resolution.

No comments: