Thursday, April 17, 2008

Bahamas

I loved our St. John vacations because there was so much there that Husband and I liked to do: hiking, snorkeling, exploring, boating.

I was initially a bit disappointed to find that Paradise Island, Bahamas had little of that, but I realized that although it's fun to have lots of things you like to do, it's also fun to have very little you're interested in doing.

Because why leave, when you have this:























and when you're tired of that, this:


















We did get out a bit. Our resort was affiliated with the Mini-Disneyland-esqe Atlantis Resort next door. We rode the water slides, shopped, gambled (OK, Husband hit the "max credit" button on the quarter slots once while my brother was playing to say that he's done it), and explored the aquariums.


















You know my penchant for doing things I've never done before. On this trip, it was:
1. Being covered in seaweed paste then wrapped up in foil like a baked potato.
2. Drinking champagne daily. Now that is a hobby I could get into.
3. Celebrity sighting. Who knew we'd share the resort with an Academy Award- and Golden Globe-winning actor, or sit next to the pool with a CNN reporter/talk show host?

No comments: