Sunday, January 15, 2006

Edinburgh

Edinburgh is the most amazing city I've seen yet. I walked out of the train station and found myself in a teeny valley buttressed by huge old grey buildings and castles. After finding a hotel I sat at my little table and made myself a cup of tea (not surprisingly I've become an addict) and just gaped. Then, of course, I set out and climbed up to the castle and gaped some more. The next day I climbed up this craggy old bit called Arthur's Seat and gaped again.

In between gaping I ate (trying to get some protein, I tried the veggie sausage. It was the same as the veggie burger I tried previously: veggie bits mixed with mashed potatoes, breaded, and deep-fried. Mmm... healthy,) went on a ghost tour (all the gory lore of Edinburgh punctuated by people in costume jumping out and scaring you. I.e., fantastic,) and shopped.

If that weren't enough, the accents were dreamy. All men sounded like that cute John Hannah from Sliding Doors and Four Weddings and a Funeral. Mmm.

No comments: