Thursday, January 12, 2006

London minute

I've meant to post more but we're so busy, busy, busy! all the damn time that this is the first chance I've had. So far we've been to London (5 days), Bristol (2 days), and now we're in York for the rest. We're also visiting Liverpool and Hull, and I'm going to Edinburgh and Oslo on my own for the next two weekends.

Brief highlights:
London - Am so impressed with my savviness on the tube. Thank you, Japan. Am a real pro at finding quick routes and also putting on my bewildered American face when oops! my train ticket is expired. I don't know how many exits I passed though on this pretense alone. Spent a lot of time with Brit friend K, who saved me from many solo travels by taking me out and getting me very drunk and then trying to help us recover with dodgy curry. Made the last train home - yikes. Also shopping and went to loads of museums and ate yummy food.

What else... the guy to my right is spending $6/hr to play video games at an internet cafe. How lame is that. It's not even a good game.

I'm learning a lot--my brain is very very tired. I've been to an average of at least one museum per day. Ahh. Am also drinking a lot of tea and eating a lot of sandwiches and digestives (but was very unimpressed with Jaffa Cakes, EC and SQ).

It's bloody damn cold here. My fingers are frozen at all times. Also so expensive (bus ride $5, regualr curry dinner $20, etc.) Will be poor just on food alone. Oh well. Must live it up while I'm here, eh.

No comments: