Saturday, September 11, 2004

7 a.m. on a Saturday

I'm up early on a Saturday morning and the neighborhood is quiet and the air still. Based on last weekend's poor wakeups and headaches, I've started a weekend policy of setting my alarm for eight hours. I like wandering around in my robe, drinking tea and getting little things done before A gets up.

It looks like we're getting a second chance at joining the in-crowd of neighbors. Almost a year after our first invite we were invited back to a outside movie viewing. (Maybe they invited us because they knew we could see the viewing from our house and we'd feel bad!). I suppose we should throw something of our own sometime, but we really don't know enough people. We could at least invite them over or for a walk. If we had a kid like they do it'd be easy; we'd have been instant friends, bonded over the lack of sleep and the frequent walks around the block.

Recently finished: House of Mirth by Edith Wharton "The Member of the Wedding" by Carson McCullers, working on A Room with a View by E.M. Forster.


Rocky, the cutest cat alive. I've had him since I was ten and he used to ride around on my shoulder.

No comments: