Monday, September 20, 2004

Take that, seasonal goals

I'm only into week two or so for fall and I've already made progress on the list of goals.
This weekend I learned a new skill (#5 on list) - soapmaking! My friend EC has a soapmaking biz and she let me help out for the day. Together we made two batches of soap (a creamy vanille and a minty green Wicklow soap that she refers to as "sexy man soap) and two batches of lip gloss (chai and honeybee). I also helped her trim soap (cut off the little bits of the bottom that went past the mold). It was quite fun, and I got to take home the extras as a reward. It's also so nice that EC is just a short bike ride away, especially during the beautiful weather we've been having.

We've also made progress on the home improvement front (#1). I've done a lot of the small chores (working on art and stuff on walls, etc., also trimming the trees), while super husband did some of the big chores (cleaning gutters, buying and installing new shutters on garage.) I realize that a part of my problem is I worry about the expense, so sometimes try to get buy with only the basics, instead of getting everything to really make the job easy to do well.

I ate 3118 calories yesterday. Today I'm at 838. Shocking how easily I go to 3118 without realizing, and shocking how easily I do 838 without appreciating it and feeling good about it. What to know where you're at? Try the food calculator

No comments: