Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Chilling in my nuddypants

I'm in San Diego for a conference and my surprisingly nice room has been surprisingly hot despite my best efforts to use the thermostat. When I got back from dinner (Persian, yum!) I decided to camp out in my PJ tank and underwear for awhile, giving the room one more chance to churn out the cool air. Finally, exacerbated with the system, I got into my PJ pants and picked up the phone to call the front desk. Yes, it felt wrong to talk to the concierge in my undies, as if help would immediately arrive and I'd be caught in the nuddy-pants.
[For the record, I had no trouble e-mailing sans pantalon. But yes, I'm still wearing the PJ pants so don't get excited.]
UPDATE: The front desk told me how to override the system, but it still didn't work. So the Maintenance Man is coming out, and for the Man, I put on a T-shirt over the tank because I don't want him getting any ideas.

No comments: