Friday, March 04, 2005

Ethnic jokes are verboten!

It's Friday night and I'm wrapped in my robe (it's cold in the office) and nursing a beer while I surf the internet. Today wasn't particularly stressful but it made me fretful and anxious, and I couldn't get my heart rate to go down. I don't want to get an ulcer at age thirty. So I made some nachos for dinner and had Kozy Shack for dessert and vegged out with the cat.
Husband, whose twenty-pound Shelby Foote The Civil War: A Narrative is blocking the keyboard, should be home in mere minutes and then I will cast off my robe and reincarnate as hip urban socialite.
So what have sites have I been visiting, you ask? I won't list the new blog I found as that is sort of verboten in the blogging community (I said "verboten" in front of a Jewish friend today and felt immediately ashamed. Is that strange?) I can tell you that I was looking for The Perfect Eye Shades. And of course, now that I have the Platonic ideal of eye shades in my head, I'm reticent to actually purchase a pair, knowing that a more perfect pair must exist out there and I'll regret my purchase. Do I want glam (silver shimmer) or always-posh black? I definitely want soft and luxurious, comes-with-its-own-case-and-earplugs, and no rhinestones or feathers or embroidered "Princess" or "Wink wink." How often I've longed for these... for the quick lunch hour nap, for the road trip, the plane, and de-stressing while riding shotgun in rush hour traffic.

No comments: