Friday, June 29, 2007

Making the Founding Fathers proud

It's National Patriotic Holiday again, and as usual we're cramming as many people into my cabin as possible. It used to be that to merit a bedroom you had to be part of a couple; now with all the kids (4 this year!) the ante is upped and Husband and I will soon find ourselves on the porch (or worse: in the garage) if we don't start reproducing.

With the 4th on a Wednesday (how unpatriotic!) and my brother in the BWCA (practically in Canada, traitor!), and with two infants, the weekend promises to be a bit different this year. It's only a hunch, but I'm guessing that less time will be spent
1. drinking
2. tubing
3. playing with fire

Which sounds pretty good to me. Relaxing sounds much more appealing than the usual game of Consume-All-the-Required-Drinks-While-Still-Remaining-Upright! (Having my brother off wandering through the woods helps, because his Bloody Marys and Pina Coladas are considered a must. And it's not like the rounds of shots are optional, either.)

So here's to hoping the weekend doesn't contain poison ivy and emergency room trips (like in '04) or speeding tickets (like in '05).

No comments: