Thursday, July 29, 2004

Danger! Holiday on the horizon

Although my vacation is still a week and a half away I am getting giddy with excitement.* We're going up to Ely for a week - we'll have five days by ourselves (including our 2-year anniversary!) and then our friends M, B, G, and F are coming up for the weekend.  Hurrah!  Then we come back for a few days then go to D.C. to visit our wonderful friend, partner in crime, and urusai gaijin forever, J.  I have not been to D.C. before, I realize that I am in the minority on this.  Everyone seems so universally infatuated with D.C. (oh you must go here and eat there and oh! oh!...) that I think I'm in for a good time.**

*At the same time, I'm trying not to get too excited like I do sometimes and then when I get to the actually event (Christmas is a good example) I feel deflated because it isn't as fun as I thought it would be... and I realize that sometimes the anticipation of the event is more fun than the event itself.  So I must l-o-w-e-r my expectations.
** Per item above, amend to "an OK time."

No comments: