Monday, July 26, 2004

A gorgeous weekend, lemon-dill salad, and free purses from Kate

What a lovely weekend!  Gorgeous weather.  Friday I shopped a bit, then husband and I had coffee afternoon at the local coffeeshop before he took off for his play and I for the wedding I attended. Husband and I walked downtown Saturday, ending up at a nice little lunch on patio overlooking city. Later that night we met friends for drinks on different bar patio later. Sunday we took a long bike ride and then walked to the local coffee shop... that evening I went to a going away/housewarming party while he did his play. A very active, very sunny and nice weekend.  Husband and I realized that we haven't used our weekends to the fullest lately, so we made the most of this one.
It was also a good weekend for going to social events by myself.  Although small talk was a bit hard at times, and dancing alone is lonely, it was a good experience.  

Recipe: Summer lemon-dill salad
Cook 2/3 cup bulger in 1 cup hot water and 1 T lemon juice until water is absorbed.  Mix bulger with 2/3 cup chopped cucumber, 2/3 cup garbanzo beans, 1/2 cup chopped celery (or adjust to your liking, it doesn't really matter).  Stir 2 T lemon juice, 2 T olive oil, 1 t. dill, and some salt together, and toss with bulger mixture.  Yum!

Reading: The Saskiad, one of Nancy Pearl's recommendations, a bit odd but intriguing.  Love, lost, and what I wore a very cute little book that tells a bit about a woman's life through sketches of clothing that she wore.  And I skimmed Kate Spade's Manners and Occasions, which prompted me to have a dream where I interviewed Kate, and she turned out to be younger and much sillier, but she gave me a free purse, which was great.

No comments: