Friday, July 09, 2004

The good, the bad, and the embarrassing

Embarrassment of the day: Sending a response to a "please reply off-list" email to everyone on the listserv... and then having that person respond personally to me, still on the listserv. Damn. Want to hide under my desk. They have mock awards for people like me.

I just realized I made another egregious error. This blog should be title "I want my bike." I have remembered the quote wrong. Even thought it's incorrect, I prefer the current title. Double damn.

Watched: Coupling , 2nd season, episodes 1 & 2. Brilliant. The Junior Patrick...what can I say?

On Glenda the good list: Friday afternoons off, cheeseburgers
On the pissed list: Myself (see above), vines (they've declared war on our lilac hedge, creepy bastards)

Today, I leave you with this thought: Don't you realize? The next time you see sky, it'll be over another town. The next time you take a test, it'll be in some other school. Our parents, they want the best of stuff for us. But right now, they got to do what's right for them. Because it's their time. Their time! Up there! Down here, it's our time. It's our time down here. That's all over the second we ride up Troy's bucket.