Tuesday, May 24, 2005

A People's Full Catastrophe Travel Nanny

"Work is hard," I say in my mechanical Barbie voice. But weekends - weekends - are glorious, particularly if they include Bonus Monday, which last weekend did because of some overtime on Saturday. Yes, I joined the ranks of the anti-nine-to-fivers and grocery shopped at non-peak hours. Oh the joy. Everything seems indulgent on a weekday to one's self.

Reading: Four books at once! This is a record! Does this make me a bookwhore? Trudging through the interesting-yet-demanding A People's History of the United States, taking breaks for the doctor-recommended Full Catastrophe Living, plugging along at Travels with my Aunt by Graham Greene, and devouring the gossipy but not very well-written White House Nannies.

In order to destress from my day I'm picking up a theraputic iced latte on the way home and doing some pilates upon arrival. On May 21 my internal calendar turned to summer, and it's the summer purse, iced beverages, and salads from here on out.

No comments: