Friday, July 01, 2005

For example, the time I went in the ditch driving home after Christmas...

I'm writing from the cabin, and feeling very smug about my connectivity. I just logged in and answered some e-mail that my slacker self had not gotten to when I slinked out of the office at 3:15 yesterday. I came up early with my bro and had some quality time; once my I-want-to-die nauseating headache ceased, we cooked up some burgers and I kicked his butt with my gin-and-tonic power gin rummy skills. We had a good chat - nothing heavy, just a lot of "Oh, here's another story I never told mom and dad...." and the like.
The itinerary for this patriotic holiday weekend is much like last year... so this early morning quiet before the storm is nice.
Well, I'm off to figure out the espresso maker (it's coffee Friday, for heaven's sake) and use my mad towel animal making skills that I learned in Mexico to adore the beds of the arriving guests.

No comments: