Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Salad days

I keep wanting to have a food blog like those that I admire, but this always deters me: Either Husband or I make some gorgeous dish, and I think, "I should get the camera!" But then I think about what I'd be doing: Taking a picture of my dinner and posting it on the Internet. That stops me every time.

I think recipes and anecdotes are still permissible, though. Here's a really good reliable vinaigrette recipe from Rue Tatin author Susan Loomis:
1 T balsamic vinegar; sea salt; 1 shallot, sliced paper thin; 1/4 cup olive oil; freshly ground black pepper. Whisk vinegar, large pinch of salt, and shallot in a small bowl. Slowly whisk in oil. Add pepper to taste. Toss slowly and thoroughly into mixed field greens. Let rest a few minutes before eating to tire the greens.

I'll let you imagine how gorgeous it looks.

No comments: