Wednesday, July 13, 2005

MR not puppies

The kittens must learn that it is not charming to use me as a prop in their half-hour-long fighting games at 3:30 a.m. “At least they’re not puppies,” Husband said. “At least they don’t fight on you,” I thought.*

We visited some friends last night who have a pool in their backyard. I have never wanted a pool until I saw this pool and thought I WANT A POOL IN MY BACKYARD. Refreshing evening dips to cool off, days off spent on loungers with stacks of magazines... mmm. But really, better than having a pool in your backyard is having a friend with a pool in their backyard. So I’m safe. Nevermind the fact that our backyard would hardly accommodate a hot tub. As a kid I had a fantasy with the neighbor kids that our families would install a pool that would span the length of all three of our lawns. I must have seen it so clearly that part of me actually thought it could happen. Around this same time my parents asked us “What would you like best: a pool, a cabin, or something-else-that-I-can’t-remember-because-it-didn't-make-the-cut.” “A pool! A pool!" We shouted excitedly. As my parents are generally people of their word, we began telling our friends that we were getting a pool. We got a cabin instead – which, to their credit, was a much, much better idea.

*In the spirit of truth, he did save me by taking them downstairs and playing with them.

MR puppies
MR not puppies
OSAR
CMPN?

No comments: