Thursday, September 14, 2006

The real challenge

The real challenge in blogging everyday is not thinking of something to write about.

And it's not the actual writing.

It's putting it out there for people to read.

Because what is more egotistical, more self-centered, than writing about yourself and posting it on the internet, presuming that other people will read it and possibility enjoy it? Do I really think that I'm that interesting? Do I really think anyone cares?

I would have been easier writing some anonymous column where no one really knew me. Where I didn't care what individual people thought.

And I know that the key to having a well-read blog is divulging intimate details. Your real name, the city you live in, what you do for a living. Your dating/sex life. Your deep dark fears. Even your bathroom habits. And I'm not willing to do that.

The hardest part of the two-week challenge (not over yet!) has been getting over myself.

No comments: