Monday, November 19, 2007

Tacohead on beachy vacations

I've always thought I have only two skills to offer people: proof-reading their Christmas card letters and advising them on where to go for a beachy vacation. Inspired by the guest bloggers, I decided to have some fun with the vacation topic and create a little quiz.

Tacohead's Beachy Vacation Indicator Test
To take: Grab a sheet of paper and write the following letters across the top: A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H, I. Then read the first statement. If you agree with it, give each letter indicated a point. If you strongly agree with it, give each letter a few points. If you feel neutral, skip it and go on to the next statement. If you disagree or strongly disagree with it, take away a point from that letter. (That may mean some letters will have negative points).

I want to use my passport – A, B, C, H, I
A short flight is important – A
I want to avoid small island-hopping planes – A, B, D, E, H, I
I get sea-sick – no ferries please – A, B, D, E, F, G, H, I
I want to be able to drive a car and have it be easy – D, E, F, G
I want to be able to drive a car... on the left side of the road – B, C, I
I don’t want to drive a car – A, H
Gorgeous beaches are important to me – C, E, H
Being able to hike is important to me – C, E, F, G
I like to shop for great deals on jewelry, cologne, etc., haggling required – A, B
I like to shop for goods in stores found on Rodeo Drive – D, E, H, I

To have the following cuisines/drinks on my trip sounds appealing:
Pineapple – D, E, F, G
Guacamole and margaritas - A
Sushi – D, F
West African – B, C
Familiar chain restaurants – D, E, G
Rum drinks – B, C, H, I
Cheap drinks – A, B, C

It would be fun if the destination felt a bit like visiting England – H
It would be fun if the destination felt a bit like visiting Japan – D, F
I don’t want to spend much money, but I want to stay in a hotel in a lively place – A, B, D
I don’t want to spend much money, but I want something quiet, and would consider camping-like accommodations – C, E, F, G
I like places known for impeccable service – H, I
It is important to me that the people who live there have a decent standard of living – C, D, E, F, G, H
I have money I want to hide in an off-shore account – I

NOW:
Tally up the smiley points under each letter. The ones with the highest totals are the places you're most interested in!

So, here's where to book your trip. DISCLAIMER - this indicator is for fun, and is severely limited by the fact that it includes only destinations I've been to. And it has many flaws (including grouping Mexico together as ONE GIANT MASS but then parsing out the Hawaiian islands).

A Mexico
B St. Thomas
C St. John

D Oahu
E Maui

F Kauai
G Hawaii (the island of)
H Bermuda
I Grand Cayman

No comments: