Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Nerdy

BREAKING NEWS: I may be going to England next January! More later.

PROTEIN-DEFICIENT NEWS: I checked out the new USDA food pyramid to see what they are all about and to create my own personalized little pyramid. Because I am a lover of charts and graphs (see anal retentiveness a.k.a. nerd, previous entry), I entered in what I ate for the day. I achieved only 3 out of my 5.5 servings of meat/protein (through bean soup, almonds, and tofu), but my nutrition chart (which they also include) said that I got more than the daily recommended allowance of protein. Should I be eating less protein-rich protein? It's so confusing.

BOOKNERD NEWS: Read a series of delightful essay and snippet-like books this weekend: The Polysyllabic Spree by Nick Hornby, Encyclopedia of an Ordinary Life by Amy Rosenthal, and The Partly Cloudy Patriot by Sarah Vowell.

NEWS FOR EVA FANS: Why nerds make good husbands

No comments: